For those of you who are participating in the book discussion I am hosting here are a few details.
1) I am trying to get a feel of how many will be participating. I have heard from many of you already. The only reason I ask is because I want to be sure we have adequate space for the meeting. So if you can, please respond to this post by replying on Twitter, commenting on this blog, emailing me, commenting on Facebook, or by contacting the church office. This is NOT a sign-up for the discussion, so if you fail to contact me you are still welcome to come.
2) This week I recommend that you purchase the book The Prodigal God and begin reading. I want you to have time to not only read the required sections (Introduction, Chapters 1-3), but also time to think through some things that become “radioactive” to you as you read. Please try to avoid cramming the entire sections the day before the first discussion.
3) As you read, write some questions down. Think about bringing 2-4 questions or areas for more exploration and discussion to the meetings. We might not get to all of these, but we definitely want to try.
4) If you cannot purchase the book at this time please let me know and I will make sure you get a copy.
5) The first meeting will be held on September 9th at 5PM at Metro East. Once I get a handle on how many will be there I will announce the specific meeting place. We will discuss the Introduction and Chapters 1-3.
6) I am open for ideas on light refreshments.
7) Feel free to invite friends who might be interested, especially non-Christians (be sure to purchase their book!).
I can’t wait to share this time with you!